Thursday, August 09, 2007

Take flight

It is nice to see someone from your own country once in a while. When you are in California, it happens more than once. Well, here's the deal! If they don't smile at you, be happy. If they do, it means they are in for a catch. No prize for the right guess-Amway!!!
I cannot believe that after so many years, we can still not evade such people.
A guy(R), just walked by at Albertsons late saturday night while we were walking out. He smiled at my husband. My husband did look baffled, confused & everything in that order. R was trying all possible ways to recollect from where hubby looked familiar. Poor hubby was tired after a long day & least interested in talking. A minute later, R thrusts his v card into hubby's palm & forcefully gets our phone#. Poor hubby gave the correct #. R works for Google, so he would not use a cheap Amway trick-says hubby. Right the next day, R calls in to talk to hubby.
We had visitors & dropped the call very courteously. If he calls in again, I doubt if the courtesy will remain.

Fellow Indians! Pls spare us. We don't want to look at every desi with doubtful eyes.

3 comments:

Chakra said...

These Amway buggers are annoying... these days they call up from US all the way to UK and want me to sign up.. thankfully, that pathetic company is not active here.

Vidya said...

Ahhh...I am a perpetual magnet to Amway. They are now called something else here - Quixtar! Old wine in a new bottle!

I am what I am ... said...

hehehehe

been there, faced that!!

Watch out for guys at the Milpitas mall!!

To quote some anecdotes, the last time I was at Milpitas mall,

I was watching my S.O. do some shoppng. This guy walks upto me and asks me this "catch 22" question:

AMWAY GUY: Do you come here only on weekends or also on weekdays?

ME: hmmm...and I just walked away without saying anything. I had no better way to answer that question.

Post a Comment