Sunday, September 16, 2007

Beach combing


Basically from Madras, I somehow cannot imagine being in a place where there isn't a beach nearby. And hey, unlike in America, a lake shore is not considered a beach!!!
It is strange that I did not have to be in such a place for a very long time. I might not go to the beach that often, or wet my legs in the waters, but when I need to, it has to be nearby.
As psychologists say, we all have affinity towards water. I am generally not that kind of a person who wants to BE in the water. I just need to be near it; be it a beach, or a lake, a river, a waterfall anything to do with water.
I can still smell silence in the air even in a crowded beach.
Pleasure, tranquility, happiness, smile, joy, loneliness when you just need it!!!

2 comments:

JM said...

Yes we all have an affinity towards ther water and the sea... nothing can change the feeling to watch the rise/set... not even the tsunami....

Vidya said...

Me too sister! I live in Dallas, which is fairly land locked. However, there are some lakes nearby, which just makes it awesome.

I know what you mean by hydrophilic nature! :D

Vidya

Post a Comment