Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Avatar

I am not a big fan of SCIFI. So my initial view on this movie was totally on the negative side. I refused to watch the trailer but made a judgement based on my short-sighted perception. How wrong? Oh, so wrong I was.
But when I started getting good reviews from friends, I started reading about it. Looked up that somewhere the movie talks about everything being one energy & how the Navi people live in tune with their world. That one thing made me say "OK" to G who was actually hoping I would turn over to his side.
Thanks again to my mother who stayed back home to watch over the sleeping bundle while we hit AMC. The crowds were all oohing & aahing. At 8pm we were in the middle of the long queue(show timing: 8.45pm) that started to take shape.
I haven't visited a theatre in almost 2 years. So seriously, I did not know if I would be able to keep myself awake & in one place for 150+ minutes.
Then the movie started. I am not sure if the 3D(or even the IMAX) made a big difference. But it certainly felt good to watch a movie on the big screen. And this movie, made me sit in one place for all that time, without making me bore/sore even for a minute. A fantastic movie & I am glad I budged myself to watch it on the big screen. The Navis that seemed "yucky" from the 1 scene of trailer I saw now look cute & sweet to me. Oh, my monkey mind. A lesson well learnt.
I learnt so much from the movie.
And these English movies that solely run on the story/director is truly amazing. Either these directors make anyone act well or there are wonderful & talented actors all over Hollywood, I don't know. But somehow most movies end up with the right combination of both. Avatar is a must see, people. Truly a fantastic movie.

2 comments:

JM said...

Same perception...I've been dodging the wife, who want to watch the movie, because I hate Sci Fi movies...

been hearing rave reviews aout the movie and the 3D experience... I think i'd still give it a miss!

I hate Sci Fi movies. Period.

Shyamala said...

I too am a BIG NO NO to scifi. but heard lots of good review comments about Avatar. Still haven't got the urge may be your post is moving me an inch into watching it .. anyway have to wait for a couple of weeks got other things to do .. let me see if i eventually watch it !!! good u enjoyed it though

Post a Comment