Friday, July 23, 2010

Code Name God




I came across this book through a friend. The name sounded interesting & hence reserved a copy at the library. I had no idea what this book is about & did not bother doing research either.
Only when I had the book in my hand did I know it was about Quantum physics. :)
The author, Mani Bhaumik, the brains behind the LASIK invention writes about his poverty-stricken life in India & his journey of getting out of that "black hole".
He successfully managed to become one of the millionaires of Los Angeles. But.
That was not enough. That did not mean anything. The book is about his journey inward. It was a page-turner to say the least.


And now about Quantum physics. I've heard Sadhguru speak about science. But never really thought it significant enough to look it up & verify his quote. Science on some level, never really mattered to me. But Mani speaks of Quantum physics & the presence of energy, only makes me smile. I do not believe anything. I do not not-believe anything. That's all I can do when things go above my head. And I truly doubt if it would make a difference to me if Science says something different from Yoga.


On a side note, I totally cherished Mani's thoughts on Gandhi. As a kid, when I did not believe in non-violence, I really wondered what this man did to get us freedom.
I cherish Mani's words, "Gandhi is not a human. Gandhi is the spirit/energy that longs for peace/freedom for ever"...(something in that context).
Now that I am making efforts to learn about this man's life, I also realize how easily we keep him up on a pedestal & make him a great man. I think he would be happier if one of us followed what he lived his life for.


Trust is very different from belief & I hope some people could understand this.
In all, a good book. Loved it.

2 comments:

Deepak said...

I haven't read this book. But I was wondering why the information you posted sounded so familiar.
Then realized who the "friend" must be :)

Anonymous said...

You should see Sadhguru's video and class in www.innerengineering.com

Post a Comment