Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Calgary and most of the West is under a Winter Spell. It has been -20C for the last 1 week. Not so much snow, but the cold really gets to the bones unless you are dressed appropriately. It feels like Christmas already. All the evergreens are adorned with brilliant white snow. Just beautiful!
S says it is cold. She says, "winter is here". But no complains so far. I feel so gratified, though she is probably too young to complain. She loves to go out however be the weather outside.
The temperature read positive today(just on the border) & it feels so warm. Relatively.
I am amazed how I underestimate my tolerance limit. From "how are people surviving in that cold" to "It's not too bad", I feel like laughing at my own deceptive mind.
So, there is my first winter snowstorm & I survived gracefully. Will wait for the chinooks now. :)

I have been smiling at the snow for reasons unlimited. I am known to complain about the heat & now I learnt my lesson. Next summer will be warmly welcomed.
Though it seems oblivious, I seem to thank the man-made invention called "heater". The weather is probably making me philosophical, but I am thinking of the "bare necessities" for now. I sure have way more than I need. And I feel truly grateful.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Future is a mystery which is expected to be better.
We never know the future, but we have a hope for future.

Post a Comment