Thursday, March 05, 2009

I had a walk, a good walk I had

I had a 11.45 appointment. After that, I fed little S her veggies. She had her yogurt & we went for a walk. The weather was gloomy. But I seldom expected her to go to sleep. But then, what is in your hand? So, not having the heart to wake her & hoping it would be a short nap, I started to walk. The weather seemed pleasant to me. Why waste it? I should've covered a mile or so when I saw a big board that read "Sidewalk closed". But there was space & I squeezed in. But a couple yards later, I see the same sign. But no space to squeeze through. I was going for a walk. Where I walk hardly mattered. So, I made a U turn & started walking in another direction. I heard someone whistle or someone holler. I looked back & an elderly worker signalled me to come right ahead. So, I turned back. He took out every cone that was blocking the way so that my stroller could pass right through.
I did thank every guy out there for letting me through. But they didn't have to. They were in the middle of something.
This elderly worker got a "Oh! how sweet of you" from me. He retorted back, "Oh. Thank you. It's a wonderful day now"
That kind of kindness is something you don't come across everyday. If you do, you are blessed.
Let's pass som kindness along, shall we?

0 comments:

Post a Comment