Monday, October 11, 2010

Enthiran

This was the first time I knew so many south Indians live in this part of the world. There were only 2 shows. I have no clue how G picked up from his friend that it was happening in a downtown theatre. I don't know if I should call him a die-hard fan, but he enjoys all Rajni movies. He made me watch Sivaji as well. This one...well, let's see I survived because of Harry Potter. I was almost at the end of the last book & used G's iPhone light to read the book in the theatre. I would've been stoned to death if I was doing this in Chennai. That's for sure.
The first half was over before I knew it. I enjoyed the comedy a lot. Rajni makes a good comedian. His innocence comes out. Specially the first Mariyatha electro-magnetic mode. It was sooooo funny.
But I just hated so many things.
-Ash was used as a doll. Well, when was the last time she wasn't? Not sure, honestly.
-The songs did not stick to my mind or heart or brain. I hadn't heard it even once before watching the movie. And I don't plan on listening to it again. So, it is ot going to grow on me...as they say for any Rahman song.
-Truly, I do not know the purpose of this movie. Hollywood movies are released in Chennai. Some of them are good & loads of folks go watch it. Why create another cheap T3? It so remminded me of Rise of the Machines.
-Having said that, our strong point is story & emotion(loads of movies to prove). But I do not expect such a movie from Shankar. So.
-When Sujatha's "En iniya Enthira" came out on TV, I think it created a craze. I remember watching it too. And I think I liked it. But not a full fledge rajni-like Robot.
There was some paper throwing, lots of whistling & yelling from some guys that G called as "bachelors". I don't know who they are, but they sure gave us a feel of Chennai.
I am biased. I have paranoia watching hit movies. And I am horrible with science.
I did not expect the movie to touch my heart, so I am not disappointed. I left the movie, or rather the movie left me at the theatre itself. Which is good.
I know I have quite a few companions here, but I have antagonized a huge majority. But really, just because it is rajni & just because it is screened for 2 shows, parents, you really did not have to bring kids in strollers into the theatre. I am sure you did not expect a lullaby inside.
It felt horrible to see all the toddlers/kids so sleepy having missed their afternoon nap.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Same pinch. I too loved the metal maari-aatha scene. The single brilliant one that stood out in the ruckus.

Paranoia watching hit movies! haha.

This bringing kids to theaters has to be stopped... cruel parents

Shyamala said...

quiet a similar feeling for me as well meera... but rajini did try to provide some entertainment... yes disappointment from rehman very much ...
i too feel ash is too much of beauty to be used as anything else other than a doll .. she shld have just settled with modelling rather than acting which i think she cannot ever do !!!!

anyway ... the kids bit true ,.. i usually dont like parents bringing kids specially for late night shows anyway ... may be they are helpless and need some entertainment as well !!!

Post a Comment