Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010

From 2004, I've had memorable New Year Eve's. In the sense, I was witnessing something different.
Let me see if my memory serves me right.
2004 - My first New Year in the US. Watched the fireworks in San Francisco. My first visit to this beautiful city too. :)
2005 - Hiked to see the Elephant seals in Ano Nuevo SP, Ca. High fever. But did not want to miss it at any cost.
2006 - Heard the fireworks from our tent. Camped in Anza Borrego State Park, Ca.
2007 - SF fireworks from Angel Island. We backpacked & camped in cold 37F.
2008 - Quiet time in Palm Springs, Ca.
2009 - A quiet night after returning from a trip to San Diego.
2010 - SF fireworks from Treasure Island sans all the crowd.

2011 will be different. Very different from what I had in mind as different earlier.
I find myself in extreme gratefulness. Extreme joy & love. For nothing in particular.
I feel thankful to witness another New Year. So, I AM in a different place this year too. Just a different dimension, that's all. :)
2010 has been a very memorable year for me.
-Lost 25lbs of fat. :)
-Learning to skate.
-Sledding!!! My new love. :)
-A for-good move from the US.
-Entering the relatively smaller city of Calgary.
-starting life from scratch.
-Driving a SUV.
-watching my very first snowfall from inside the house. :)
-my very first trip to Banff.
-And many more trips to the Canadian Rockies.
-my very first trip to Florida.
-A roadtrip to the subarctic Yellowknife.
-My trip to the TN Ashram.
Really. Cannot ask for more.

On the personal front: I've become less of a planner. I still plan. A lot, by some people's standards. Still a lot less by my own. I have learnt to go with the flow, thanks to some people who worked hard on me.
A new me...did some things, I've never done before.
Broke a few limitations.
Had a chance to experience motherhood in a totally different way.
Met some wonderful people.
Lost myself volunteering for 3 IE classes.
Managed to find best friends after not having the need for it all my life.
Completely awestruck seeing S grow. She has been my best teacher so far.
This year has had ups & downs way more than any year in my life. I am grateful for the confusion it created in me. Thanks to the clarity I've had afterwards.
Understood how limited words can be...(but still make futile attempts to put experiences in words...like this blog)
Truly in touch with my inner self(way more than before).
Above all, found my Guru.

I am not comparing my life with someone else's. I am just grateful & touched with what I have right now. I feel truly blessed. For everything that is around me. More importantly, for everything that is not around me. :)

2011 is a year. Another year. Of 365 new days. Which can be made any way we make it.
A Very Happy New Year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment