Monday, February 28, 2011

Calgary

One more place I associate good memories with.
It has been -20C & below for the last 2 weeks.
Some snow & a lot of Ice.
White everywhere.
I feel cold.
Intense cold.
Ideally, I should be depressed.
Most residents are.
But,
I am not.

I am grateful to witness the white beauty...and the silence that comes with it.
I am grateful for the heater ...I would not be alive otherwise. Truly! :)
I am grateful for the joy that comes to me when I go out in the cold weather...of course, dressed appropriately.
I am not complaining, but my cold tolerance is better than that to heat. Don't ask me how I survived Chennai heat for so many years. It was definitely not this hot then...thanks to global warming.
The cold is teaching me so many things. It makes me observe negligible things.
I feel deeply grateful for the winter.
That said, I am eagerly waiting for the Spring. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment