Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Deepavali

One of those flashy thought days!!!
Today: Deepavali.
When did I grow up? When did I learn to cook?
When did I know how to take care of a kid? When did I outgrow being around my mother?
When did I stop wanting to be taken care of like a kid?

Seems like yesterday, Amma was braiding my hair. Today, I am combing S's hair to grab a pony.
Seems like yesterday, I was holding Amma's hands wherever I went. Today, I am running behind S to hold my hand. :)
Seems like yesterday I heard Appa say, "Wow! You make us feel like we have 4 people in this house". Today, I enjoy the quietness when S goes to sleep.
Seems like yesterday, Amma would kiss me through the night as I would not allow her to do it in public. Today, S smiles & kisses me when she wakes up.

Seems like yesterday, I would compel Amma to watch a movie with me. (she would not wish it, but still watch it with me). Today, S forces me to do the same. I feel like Amma. But still do it sometimes.
Definitely yesterday, when I was sick & won't allow Amma to do any work(but be with me & talk to me). Today, S definitely does the same (only when she is sick:))

Wow! History repeats itself. Do I wish I realized it when the whole world around me was shouting it in my ears all along?
Naaaaaaa.....Don't think so. :)

P.S: Made some delicacies for the kids at S's school. They celebrate the festivals of the world. Probably took me for a spiral ride in flash back being in the giving side now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment