Wednesday, October 26, 2011

seasons change

It interests me to realize how much I can settle down.
Being so high in latitude, 4000 ft abv sea level and so close to the Rockies...yet I expected somewhere for the Summer to last(not forever, at least a little longer). Well! at least Fall.

The weather over the last few days have been so alarmingly different through the day. Two days ago when G mentioned that the low was -4C, I was like, "WHAT???" Seems like I was in la-la land all along.
Seriously, when did Fall fall away?

Six months of grrr weather ahead. It gives me the chill just thinking of it. I honestly forgot how cold it gets. How cold does it feel!!!
No Calgarian is (probably) prepared or ready to welcome it. But it comes. When it has to. :)
Today was a different day(like every single day). As I was driving S to her school, I saw the weather change. It wasn't subtle anymore. I smiled. It was beautiful. How nature has its ways of waking me to reality?
I am in no way prepared to think of the next few months. But in all humility, I can say that it brings a smile on my face to see a snowstorm(from the insides of a warm home). Many many days where I will feel grateful for all I have so I can smile when I see the white world outside.
Truly humbling!

P.S: It is going to be a challenge to drive S to her school everyday, but we'll see. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment