Tuesday, April 03, 2012

P-E-R-C-E-P-T-I-O-N

Today, S turns 4. We decided to celebrate it at her school. I am not sure I have mentioned earlier that S's teacher is a person of tremendous capabilities. Many kids that turn up at the school are kids whose parents could not afford to go there. She takes little money from some & none from others. Recently, she informed me of a boy who will be joining for a few months, because....he would live only for those months. He is a 6 yr old diagnosed with brain tumor that is cancerous. And he has been granted 8 months of life, if everything goes well. I felt for this boy. But had not seen him until today. He looks like a normal 6 yr old who cannot do so many things. He has stitches across his head. He cannot eat cream from a cake. He cannot tolerate loud noise as it would hurt his head so much. Practically, everything that a 6 yr old will want to do. But he doesn't seem to complain.

And here I was. Discussing things about S's education to her teacher. Suddenly, everything about life seemed so trivial. So meaningless. I did not cry for him. Or his life. I am just watching him. Every single person born is going to die. What difference is shedding tears going to do? There is a world of difference between Knowing, Realizing & experiencing this reality. I honestly don't know where I am right now. Moments like these, I ponder & (try to) set my priorities right.
If I am going to die tomorrow, what would I want to do?
Learn to drum!!!
Felt good to realize that I have my class tomorrow.
Just shoving this to the world, I feel relieved. *sigh*

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can i have a e-mail address of this store? please?

Post a Comment