Wednesday, November 22, 2006

parallel thinking!

Hmm...
Now, I have the time to sit back and relax. But what comes on to my mind? Wars, corruption, anger, hatred, bomb blasts, lay offs, accidents, deaths, killings, pathetic politics everywhere: Isn't it really a fight for survival?

Too many negative thoughts! I relax my mind a little more. The first thing that comes to my mind is 'clear blue sky beyond a beautiful beach, palm trees swaying in the wind'; Now, I am completely relaxed. I look around me now.
People smiling at each other, greeting one another for thanksgiving, people having a vacation, people working their backs off to make sure their kids are well fed, a Safeway employee smiling when she says she still has to work on thanksgiving, a child smiles at me, I look out the window and see the tall trees that have survived a thousand storms,...a lot more that I cannot find space to write down.

It is the same me, feeling completely opposite things. How? I wonder! That's where I get to know, there is nothing more complex and simple than our mind. It is all in there. No wonder all preachers these days are talking about controlling that thing that often goes wild than stays silent. Its doing its job after all.

Isn't world an index of our lives? Isn't what we see a perception of what we are and feel?
Will it hurt to force positive thoughts into our mind and start seeing life with better eyes?
As Swamiji says,
Delete all negative thoughts and replace it with positive thoughts. That is the secret to a relaxed mind and a long life!


When something goes wrong, it is very easy to sit in a chair, point finger at something. But, it is not so easy to either keep quiet, even harder to do something about it.
Life is often like a puzzle; It remains interesting only so long until we solve it. After that, we go search for something more interesting and puzzling. God's creation!

I want to live happily and let others do the same; To be in the present is all I have; Help me to take one step at a time. I realize that if you bring me to a maze, you will guide me through it. All is well in the end!

This is my prayer to you, God!

1 comments:

JM said...

Interesting read!!! Like you sd every body is working their backs off to ensure their kids are well fed....

Sometimes in the process, we really dnt get the time to sit back, relax, and think positive...

Work and the sheer pressure of survival, takes its toll on everybody!!! i wonder what the world would be when i grow old!

Post a Comment