Thursday, February 22, 2007

Atheists

I am back after my trip. Seems like I've not written forever!
We saw a lot, ate a lot & drove a hell lot :-)

Each place I saw, I'd never seen before. I did not know such places exist. Life was everywhere, even in the desert-only we have to take the trouble to look in deep.

When I saw all those Pueblo ruins in Northern Arizona, I could not help wonder how those people lived in such arid conditions. Mind you, they built houses almost 1000 years ago. They lived as a community. At least 10 people slept in a room. Maybe that's what kept them alive- being together. They cultivated in those barren lands. Some years, they received rain, some none. Their life expectancy was short, say 30 years, but they did fight to survive that long. I could not have managed for a couple of days, I think.

There is beauty in that. Beauty in the way they lived, beauty in the way the mountains are formed, beauty in the way the wind howls across the desert, beauty in the red painted deserts, beauty in snow, beauty in the way people are.
Wherever there is beauty, I often sit to wonder who its creator is. Maybe Nature, maybe He who everyone calls God, or maybe Nature is God. I do not know.

But there is beauty in everything, including our fingerprints. I know only a very few things in life. There are thousands I do not know, millions that I only imagine of, billions & trillions that I cannot even imagine of! But those exist. Sometimes, we see them; other times, we oversee them.

So, to be an Atheist, you should neither see, feel, touch or sense all these beautiful things. If not, you can ponder over the fact: who created it?
I once called myself an Atheist. How dumber could I get?

0 comments:

Post a Comment