Thursday, February 01, 2007

When nature & age conspires

As a kid, I was known for my speed. I never knew to do anything slow. When amma asked to me join yoga class during my college days, I told her, "Yoga is too slow for me, ma! I'd rather run for a mile". Well! She never forced me into it after that (just let me get into it when I had the right attitude I guess). That's one of the million good things she did for me :-)
Yoga did not come into my life until maybe a couple of months ago. I have done asanas before, not as Yoga; But just to check if my flexibility is still ok.

Age has caught up with me now. I do not know if that is the reason, but I love Yoga now. I am trying to get it as a part of my daily life. Other benefits apart, how much more relaxed & confident I feel? The feeling is intense. I have joined for a Hatha Yoga class now. Why would I even do that? I hated Yoga; mind you, not just "disliked" it. I really don't know.

I do not regret why I did not learn it earlier. Some things are meant to be just the way they are. Guess, my learning Yoga is one such thing!

Also, I've often heard elders say, "When you really want to learn something new, nature will work its charm & some opportunities come in search of you". Strange! Strange, but true.

I've joined a Yoga class now. A few years earlier, I would have seen it strange for me to get into Yoga. Now, its becoming a part of my life.
I was known for my short temper. It used to be my identity. I've lost it to a certain extent now. And I still feel myself. Is that Yoga's charm? I don't know.

Now, I firmly believe that there are so many mysterious things in this world that we do not know. I've started believing in miracles. I've begun to believe that good people do exist & everything that happens is for good.

"Just because I close my eyes, it does not mean that there is no Sun."

Ignorance is bliss! yes! But knowledge is better! Life feels a lot better.

I talk like this to amma & she calls me a "paati". Well! What can I say? She is is a woman of the 21st century.

3 comments:

JM said...

Ignorance is bliss! yes! But knowledge is better! Life feels a lot better

JM said...

wanted to add... totally agree meera... and also agree with your last post " Passionless people surprise me... " Surprise me... "nice choice of words!!!

ME said...

You back, Jay? How was your rally?

Post a Comment