Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Why did I get married?

Why do we all get married?
I do not want to generalize things here, though.

1. Definitely not to pick on my husband at every oppurtunity.
2. Not to complain that he is not the right person for me.
3. Not to nag about his entire family.
4. Not because my mother wanted me to.
5. Definitely not because I wanted to cook.
6. Not because I wanted to quit my job, leave my parents & come to the US.

Coming to think of it, I doubt if I thought of so many things before I got married.

But now that I am, I think I can give a couple of reasons why I enjoy 'being married'.

1. To begin a loving family.
2. To grow in love together.
3. To understand.
4. To laugh.
5. To play.
6. To hike together.
7. To learn from each other.
8. To hold hands in silence when things go wrong.
9. In many instances, to just be 'for' each other.

When you are on your own & fumble on certain things, a loving voice to say, "its okay, hon" goes a long way. I am so glad 'that' life did not stop with just my parents :-)

Reason for this post: I was listening to a KGO radio talk show while driving to SF today & the topic for the day was 'death & how to cope with it'. That's when a caller shared her thoughts. We all do not know how long we are going to stay around. So, why not make sure we remember to tell people we love them & they mean so much to us? In the long run, we tend to remember the good things than the melancholy.
I echo my father's words, "respect/love people when they are around rather than give respects after their death".

So, this post is for dear hubby. If I have not told you how much I appreciate you & how much I love to be with you, I am sorry, I do NOW. I thank God for 'you'. I would not call our marriage a 'fairytale', but you do treat me like a queen...just as you promised.

Looking back at my life, I would not want to change anything. How lucky am I to say that until now :-) God is generous with me.

5 comments:

Chakra said...

:)

Vidya said...

Well, That was a nice thought and put differently. But for sometime I thought u were a little disillutioned with life.. then after reading throught he entire blog I realized ur message.

Vidya said...

That is such a sweet thought! :D
Vidya

ME said...

Chakra: :-)
vidushi: disillutioned?? I seem like that without much effort :-)
vidya: thanks :-)

senthil natarajan said...

wow! nice thought put very well!!!
mammoth mountain in where mammoth lakes is

Post a Comment