Monday, May 07, 2007

Good Samaritan

I have my own reservations about Walmart & their products. I shop selectively though. For a minute, I thought differently.
Last saturday, I had to be somewhere & I was late. Only when I entered the car, did I realize I did not have my purse, which had my license(& credit cards & SSN card & Costco card & ATM card & a couple of blank checks)!
I had to be somewhere. So, sweet hubby brought along some books(to read while I was gone) to give me a ride, wait there a couple hours before he could pick me up. :-)
Half way, I realized I could not concentrate there when I had lost my purse. So, made a U turn home & check & re-check where all I had been. Ran a flash back & soon realized Walmart was my last stop. So, called them. The lady at 'lost & found' was on a break. I was asked to call back in an hour.
Knowing my nature, hubby offered to drive there & check out personally, thinking we may give better information about where I 'might' have left it.
I've had prior bad experiences where what I had lost was never found. Having full faith in my ill- luck, I checked what had to be done to get news cards.
We checked with Customer Service at Walmart(personally). She called in to the correct person & thankfully she had come back. She said that she had a purse, but will come out to check if it was really mine. It must have been a moment, but it seemed like ages to me.
The minute the lady came out, she almost instantly said, "Its hers". Needless to say, how happy & relieved I was.
I thanked her & let God bless her a million times :-) For a while, I went around with my purse & thought of buying something there. I just suddenly had the feeling I owed Walmart something!

Well! pointing to the fact that I've never had someone return my lost items, you can imagine how happy, relieved & how much belief I started to have on people.

That person who had handed over the purse to Customer Service saved me so much trouble.
My husband just said, "When you lose, you never lose the lesson". I said, "Yeah. Not for a long time".

The End.

:-)

4 comments:

Chakra said...

thats good.

wish someone who picked up my Ray-Ban at ASDA (Walmart's UK arm) few weeks ago had returned it to the lost and found.

ME said...

The trick is: forget that you will get it back. You might get it back :-)

Vidya said...

:D
Though, your husband is right about the lesson learned

ME! said...

and my Rayban(s) that I lost at two different places within a few months time...gives me a sense that I have no value for money, although I know how hard it is to make a few bucks!

Post a Comment