Thursday, April 08, 2010

Calgary - my first impression

It truly amazes me to know how much accepting I can be when I just don't resist. When I just let things be.
This country, Canada & its people are soooooo friendly that words fall short. People at the Federal office really don't need to please people. They don't have the need to bring in customers. Today, I had been to their office to apply for SIN card & I had no palpitations when I met the officers - which is straight opposite to my every single experience in the US.

My last name is pronounced close to what it should be & I don't feel familiar or alienated. Fewer people in a city than I'd ever see in my entire life(I'd been to Alaska in Summer- so that doesn't count).
The Bow river borders the downtown & for a change the downtown feels relatively safe. The buildings are not as unique as San Francisco, but they are not grey & blue like in Vancouver. I am not ready for Toronto, yet. And so! There is nowhere else I'd rather be now, than here.
I'd never stepped out when the weather read 4C(would never ever dream of taking my daughter out at that temp). But I did it. Today. It wasn't so bad, actually. And she loved being out. So, there's to new beginnings.

I am as ready as I can ever be to face my life with an open heart. And it feels so gratifying to say that.
A friend often says that we are not bubbly & happy all days. So, today is my bubbly day & I am enjoying it. Tomorrow, if I am not, it is still okay.
And believe me, I am still surprised at the new me. :-)

1 comments:

Ramsi said...

wow..that's too many 'old and new me' in the world :)

Post a Comment