Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Caught my act

I owe today's post to Deepak. I was alone at home in the afternoon. Someone knocked on the door. I opened to find some kids. Though soliciting is not entertained in our complex, I somehow did not feel offended seeing them.
One of the kids asked me to buy a piece of chocolate for $2 as donation for their school. I did not even think. Just said, "I don't have cash. Maybe some other time". They replied, "oh, okay" and found his way to the next apartment. I locked the door. But something struck me. I looked in my purse to find $20. So, picked up some laundry coins & went back after the kids. Fortunately, I found them.
"Found some change", I admitted sheepishly.
The boy smiled. "Thank you", he said.
The chocolate tasted divine, no doubt.

I don't know what made me refuse the first time. I told myself that it was ok(absolutely) to buy something unnecessary for myself. The kid's smile lit up my face. I am still smiling.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I follow the blog - Anonymous Acts of Kindness and am terribly inspired. In that blog, I read about simple acts people do that brings some happiness (however shortlived) to another. Thats what *its* is all about...:D

Post a Comment