Sunday, January 14, 2007

my Pongal gift



Pongal is India's version of Thanksgiving. It is celebrated in a grand manner for 3 days. Pongal falls on 15th Jan this year. A day to thank all our farmers who have worked so hard over the whole year and will reap a rich harvest(hopefully) on this day.

I met two of my long lost friends from school :-) Me is very happy happy.
Thanks to Orkut, I met Jayashree after almost 10 years & Sowmya after 15 years.
I tried to bake a cake for the first time; knowing that there were lots of people to eat it. Our better halves gladly took in everything. How sweet!
Way back then, all we talked about was school, studies, exam, teachers, juniors, seniors, who was talking to whom, who was not, etc. Now we talk about life, family life, husbands, world, global warming, travel etc.
What a change? Our childhood talks seem so stupid & silly now. But then, if we were not what we were then, we would not talk & laugh about all of them now.
Life makes us play the game.

Meeting Jayashree & Sowmya was my Pongal gift. Hopefully, we will make a trip to Chicago soon to visit Jayashree :-)

A Very happy Pongal to all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Meera! I am so touched and honored. It was such a pleasure meeting you, Ganesh, Sowmya and Padmakshan. Visiting you guys has made my CA trip highly memorable.

ME said...

ada! friends kulla ithellam sagajam appa!!!
I agree! catching up with everyone really made it memorable..seekarame vanthu unna Chicago le padutharen :-)

Unknown said...

Meera, Chicago varathukku nee planlam pannavendam...thidirnu time kadaikkumbothu appadiyey kelambi vanthudu...

Post a Comment