Thursday, March 29, 2007

History repeats

10 years ago...why 10, until the day I got married, Amma was constantly behind my back telling me to do my things on time, never postpone, keep things in their places, brush your teeth twice a day, don't rush to work, call before you leave work, close after you open anything in the kitchen....trust me, the list is endless. "Amma, give me a break"!

I never really thought too much about it, though I should agree that I was getting better with age :-)
I wouldn't call it nagging. If I didn't do anything properly, she would tell it again & again & finally end up doing it herself.

Ana, ippo, I am at the giving side. I am telling my hubby to do things on time, to keep stuff in the right places etc. How different am I from Amma? Well, I nag!!!
Now, I understand how much it means to keep things in place & watch less TV.
I wonder now, how Amma managed to tell me & not nag even once! Guess, its a fine line(or not!).

I better watch what I am doing from now on. I am going to get it back from the next generation! At least Amma will make sure she tells what all I did :-(
In any case, I won't be surprised if my kid or any other kid comes to me & says, "nee chinna vayasula unoda amma pecha ketiya? na en kekanum?"
I don't have an answer now. But will have to work on getting one(something in the "na thaan kekala, ipdi ayiten; neeyavathu kelu" version) before I have a kid.
As they say, "pollatha olagamada".

0 comments:

Post a Comment