Thursday, July 12, 2007

Better late than never


Sivaji- the Boss


I was rather forced to watch "Sivaji" last weekend. By this time, the blogosphere is already filled with the movie's reviews & clips.
But, hear me, as a non-Rajini fan!
Firstly, my better half is an ardent fan of the Superstar (he clapped in the theatre when the name came up on the screen "&*#@!")
I am not a big fan of anyone in the Tamil film industry. My humble view that Tamil movies lack a lot of logic(realization dawned with the familiarity of English movies) remain strong.
So, there I go. Camera3 in San Jose downtown had probably fewer than 25 people.(almost a month after the release, so justified!!!)
Then the movie started to a few claps(US version of "biggles", I guess) & there it started.
It is a known fact that the make-up artist did a fantastic job! Rajini looked 20 yrs younger. Shriya looked beautiful too.
I did read a couple of reviews that the movie is a spoon of "Gentleman", a bunch of "Anniyan"& a pinch of "Indian". So, maybe I was biased when I went to watch the movie.
But, to be honest, I seemed to like it. Rajini "looks" different(good different), Vivek's comedy is hilarious, Shriya looks cute & I was happy to see a mini "Sun TV pongal pattimandram" caste there.
IMO, it is a Shankar's movie made with Rajini in mind. If it was a total Rajini movie, I would have seen him as a milkman.
Songs are all well made( I hadn't listened to even one song before I watched the movie).
It is totally a Shankar's movie when it came to grandeur, style, theme, concept & the catchy "cool" all through the movie.
Can never forget it is a Rajini's movie when it came to style, comedy, punch dialogues, song lyrics etc.
A nice entertainment in a long time! I was not "waiting" for this movie, so cannot say, "well worth the wait", but a "watchable Tamil entertainer in a long time" is surely apt.


Not yet watched it, please do.

2 comments:

Chakra said...

COOL!

Vidya said...

I had not watched it too. I am always a little skeptical about watching Tamil movies( for the same reason that you had mentioned!) But Sivaji does seem to be some kind of a good time-pass.

Like a proper Tamilian " Oru thadavai parkalam" :D

Vidya

Post a Comment