Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Weekend madness

Our sudden plans to go out camping did not work out due to sheer laziness. Weekend Vetti- Officers!
To make up, we played some long lost shuttle at a nearby park...loved it!

I happened to go to an Indian grocery shop(that I generally don't prefer going to). "Okra $0.99/lb" did make me go in happily, though. Pona, it was a mini thiruvizha there.
I could not help think that Parents who come here from India have a ball in the Indian stores. They discuss so much. I felt like rushing over to tell, "mami, its just a bigger version of our local market". All the Okra was pretty much gone. While I was thadavifying whatever was left, I could not help overhear people say, "Ayyo amma, vendakai kadaikave kadaikathu; ippo theriyartha, ivlo kootathle nan epdi thaniya vanthu vanguven? That's why I bring him along". And their sweet ammas reply, "theriyarthu ma. romba kashtam thaan".
Indian Grocery shopping is a major event here!!

Watched Babel too! Uvaaaak. Serves me right to drool for Brad Pitt.
A short visit to the library & the weekend is gone! Of course a guilt course followed. Next weekend will be spent more wisely. Or so we think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment