Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Deathly Hallows


My happiness exceeded all boundaries when I found a copy of 'Harry Potter 7' at a friend's place & was glad to share her extra copy with me. Needless to say, that I talked, walked, ate Harry Potter over the weekend!
Anyways, the book is amazing;I simply loved it. Duh!
This was the first time ever I managed to grab a book on the release date. I did read reviews(gladly stuck to those that did not reveal the story & spoil the fun).
This book is definitely my favorite among the entire series, followed closely by 'Half-Blood Prince'.
But half-way into the book, I could not help but realize that there is going to be no more of Harry Potter. As someone said, I wish Potter could go to school a couple more years. :-(

Quite a fistful of the good guys die :-(. But I can live with it.
The fact that a lot of Dumbledore in this book makes up for the fact that he is not alive anymore. He is truly the hero.
Me felt that there is no Harry Potter without Dumbledore. Well! he is not completely gone, is he?
Incredible how all things fall into place!
The book broke records & created history. Nothing unexpected.

I did miss out on the midnight release countdown fun & all, but heard it from a friend!
I am not going to be a spoiler & let out all the thrillers!
It is a must-read & I plan to buy the entire series when it is out. I strongly believe that Harry Potter is a must-have in every house.
I might even venture out to more J K Rowling in future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment