Monday, July 16, 2007

Harry Potter-5

I am an ardent Harry Potter reader/fan. There is no way I can miss a movie/not read a book however bad it can get.
As I mentioned before, "Order of the Phoenix" is definitely not my fav(too long & too many things happen), I was witnessing this amazing reviews on IMDB & friends about the special effects.
Unfortunately, Gandalf continues to be Dumbledore(Gandalf can be Gandalf! He cannot be Dumbledore!!! *personal lamenting*).
Also, this was the first part I was watching after reading the book. Initially, I used to wait until I watched the movie before reading the book, so I remain unknown of what was going to happen. Guess what: I should've continued doing that. But that means I would have to wait over a year to read the book. No way!
This movie is a total let down according to me. Well! I did not see the movie to know what happens. I knew it. Just wanted to see it visually.
But, all those small things that made the book complete, were missed out on the movie. Things that took probably 100 pages to read would be done in a couple of minutes; Stuff that happens 10 pages or less were out of the movie!(It is a long book, no doubt!)
Dementors no more created fear/coldness like they did in Part 3.
Dumbledore fails to make an impact.
Would care to see more of Snape/Dark Lord.
Radcliff seems to grow way faster than the movie needs him to!!!

Umbridge is a good selection(she does make you smile) & so is Luna Lovegood.
Part 5 has a lot more action than its predecessors, but till date, Sorcerer's stone is a personal fav. I just can't wait until next yr to watch for Half-blood Prince. I want to catch a copy of the final book in a couple of days, hoping only that I forget it before the movie releases in 3 yrs.
I did not watch it on iMAX, if that would have made a difference.
psss...For no other movie will I run to the theatre at 10am!!!

4 comments:

Skylar said...

Hey! I checked out your photos on flickr, they are really awesome :D

I need to build my inventory of lenses and filters...:D

Anyways, do you know Akshan?

ME said...

Thanks skylar.I am sure all the purchase is a worthy investment.
Akshan is my classmate's hubby :)

Vidya said...

Hey, Did you by any chance go to Barnes & Nobles for a Harry Potter book release?
You might have enjoyed it!


Vidya

ME said...

Vid: Didn't do that. Heard from a friend that it was dramatic. Looks like there was a countdown before the midnight release :)

Post a Comment