Monday, October 01, 2007

I've never believed in the concept of best friends. I've seen people: Best friends today, go separate ways tomorrow(family moves or whatever); people miss each other so much that it affects your studies, food habits, your daily life!
If I look at it all now, I smile.

I am not a heartless person to say, "you are crazy to have a true friend you can trust". I do have a lot of friends. In fact, I cannot live if there are no people around.
Just that, I never really felt the necessity to trust anyone so much as I had my mom always by my side.

I wanted to share a joke, she was there; I wanted to go for the movies, she was there; I wanted to go shopping, she was there; I wanted to cry, she was there; I wanted to tell: someone hurt me, she was there; I wanted someone to share the day's events(be it school, college or work), there she was!!!

She was a working mom, but she was there for me every step of my life!

When you grow older, you need your mom more. I am feeling things that I thought I never would feel. Well! Call me crazy. But I've seen kids(with siblings) fight over their mother-every one wants a share of their mom. Those times, I am so lucky that I can have my mom all to myself.

P.S: People with siblings, no harm meant to you. Just felt lucky today. Spilled it here.

3 comments:

Vidya said...

That was a cute post! I have siblings and I still feel that I have a good share of my mother! :D

Vidya

ME said...

Lucky you, Vidya! :-)

Anonymous said...

So true about how we need our mom all the more as we grow older! And I should say that both I and my sister have our fair share and more of Amma! Just now and then the "J" factor sets in when they go out on a family dinner :D

Post a Comment