Thursday, October 25, 2007

While I was walking

I began my usual walk late in the evening. Fall is more like summer & I prefer the cool nights.
I came out & what caught my attention almost instantly? The sunset colors in the horizon. I generally look the other direction. What I see? The FULL MOON.
I feel blessed. An evening is made!
I am all dreamy when around the turn, I see someone smoke. I kept waving my hands against my nose until I was sure the smoker saw me do it.

I cross an intersection. I smell smoke. US is a huge land. If I can feel the smoke now, what will happen to the next generation? They will live in smoke.

With such thoughts, I kept walking.

A couple of steps ahead, I was still thinking. The moon, the sun, nature when suddenly, *BANG*. I freeze my thoughts for a minute & look up. I see sparks on the road. An accident. No one was hurt, but it was quite a scene. Bumper jumped in the air, the car was pushed to the curb. I went in a little further to check if anyone needed help. The least I had was water & a credit card. Well, it turned out that there were 3 kids in the car with a father(I assume). He was already on call, probably 911. So did not want to intervene.
It took a while to bring my heartbeat to normal.

I kept walking.

I see dead Maple leaves on the ground.
Gosh! I did not have my camera?
Dead things still have life & beauty...Am I heartless?

While waiting for one more signal, I thought, you need to be a photographer to enjoy the nuances of nature.
Well! What a life! Just a little more & I will be home.

I see the bushes, the plants.
Nature is natural. Plants leave out just about right amount of CO2. Give it to humans & they can change the weather globally.

I finally come home. I thought so much. I observed a lot this evening, but could not control my thoughts or mind, forget alone mastering it. Today's failure may be tomorrow's success.
So, I think & get back to the day's work.

Self reminder: Take the camera tomorrow. Maybe I'll think less & see more.

4 comments:

Chakra said...

Sometimes it is worth walking without a camera. you get to see a lot with your own eyes rather than through the lens.

ME said...

I am doing that everyday, Sam. I love what I see, so want to capture the experience. Let it linger as a memory!

The Avenger !!! said...

you should take a camera when you go out, who knows you might get a super shot and as a result something that will remain etched in your memory.

these days i see a lot more of the bay on my way home since i walk the 40 mins to my place and you are right, i am enjoying the experience :)

Itz me!!! said...

naked eyes can capture much more than what a camera can produce as its output .A nice post though :-)

Post a Comment