Friday, October 12, 2007

Satta - the game of power

I saw the dvd in the library & picked it up after reading the gist. It said "A Madhur Bhandarkar film". I remember a recent movie from the same director featuring Konkana Sen.
G generally does not prefer Hindi movies(to be read as cannot understand comfortably...sorry G) but this movie made him stop his work to watch.

The movie is in close perfection to reality, probably. It was gripping & makes you sit on the edge of your seat.

It is all about dirty Indian politics. In fact the movie depicts how dirty politics can go. How an ignorant lady is brought into politics & how she manages to entangle all the political traps & set things right. An empowering movie!

When Anna Sahib says, "Satta is an oppurtunity... it is an oppurtunity to bring about a change in the existing politics, an oppurtunity to do something good for the people", it kind of brings in a promising clarity.
The role fits Raveena as a pro. She excels. It is totally her all through the movie!!! Loved the last part where she plays the game :-)

This is my first of Madhur Bhandarkar's films; Certainly, not the last!

5 comments:

Chakra said...

Even I don't prefer Hindi movies for the same reason.. but politics being my cup of tea, i want to watch this movie.

Anonymous said...

on which wesite i can see satta:the game of power online?

Anonymous said...

Brim over I assent to but I about the list inform should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Again a honesty a possessions post. Because of your crony

Post a Comment