Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Count your blessings

My Guru always reminds to count my blessings.
In the same context, he says,"The wheel that makes the most noise, gets replaced first. So stop Whining!"
How true!

Today, the Sun has come out after probably more than a week.
Trust me, it is a blessing.

How many times I whine for getting caught in traffic?
Well, now, I see it as quality time hearing music & checking out other cars.

How many times I've complained that it is too hot?
Now, I think of days when I don't see the Sun :-)

How many times I've complained about too much crowd?
Now, I think of times when I've not had many people around, specially my family.

How many times I've complained about halting my career to get married & come 20000 miles away to a new land?
Now, how many people get married at the right age, to the right person get to live happily ever after, without having to sacrifice your family?

When things don't happen as per our plans, it probably means there is a better plan.
Everything happens for a reason & that reason not necessarily is known at the time things happen. So many people don't have what we do.
So, today, I thank Existence for giving me shoes to cover my legs!!!

2 comments:

The Avenger !!! said...

well i agree in more than one context. the last time i didnt pass my test but today i passed and i made only one mistake which was overstepping the stop line :)

thanks for the comment, do keep writing !!!

Indian Voter said...

Brilliant one. Just loved this post.

Post a Comment