Friday, January 11, 2008

Fanatics in the name of Patriots

This happened a few days ago. I am a travel blogger too & read others' public journals, well at least from a few specific people.
So, there is this lady who is traveling around the world. She is a Westerner. India happened to be one of the stops in her life's journey. Now, I cannot imagine to travel without a plan in place, without making proper arrangements for food etc. So, obviously, I adore people who do all that.
Anyways, coming back to the point, she travels alone & makes friends everywhere. She has recently traveled to Calcutta(or whatever it has changed to now) & has posted pictures of the streets, roads, people AS IT IS!!! Now, we all know how the streets of Calcutta can look to us.
I love Calcutta. I have stunning memories from the city. The city is dirty, polluted & over-populated, but it has flavor.
This lady has mentioned this too! Well, it is her blog & she has the right to write what she feels like.
Below there, I see a comment from

A patriotic Indian
who writes

This is not the way to portray Kolkata.You have shown Kolkata in bad light and have insulted India.Remember that the cultural heritage of Kolkata is way beyond your dreams............and your imagination(i.e. if you have it)


Calling dirty as dirty is insult? I have no idea what is so patriotic about this Indian. If you feel so much about what a traveler feels about your city, go do something about it instead of just talking. This foreigner volunteered at Mother Teresa's institution, for God's sake!!!

India is full of fanatics. When I am a fanatic, I close my eyes & ears to everything that goes on around me. The last thing India needs is another fanatic. We already have a truckload of such people in every street.

Its time we all stopped being just talkers!!!

Let us first be good humans then talk about being patriotic to a country.

1 comments:

Chakra said...

> We already have a truckload of such people in every street.

- Sadly true!

Post a Comment