Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Isha Vidhya

A friend's birthday wish is here.
And another friend donated two kid's education for this friend's birthday.
Something in me shook. I trembled. I hit my forehead. Why did it not occur to me earlier? Why didn't I do it earlier? Why didn't I give education to 2 kids? Why did I stop with one? I gifted a child her education & I felt so gloated about giving something. It probably satisfied my ego well.
And I spoke to another friend about Isha Vidhya & told about this first friend's wish. Something clicked for her & she offered to gift education to 2 kids in the next 2 months for her kid's birthday. Wow! I like this chain reaction.
The way I see it is like this. How many kids can we give birth to? I am happy with one, thank you. But nothing stops me from feeling like a parent to so many others.
And these kids, maan, they are smart or what? They are dreamers. They dream about becoming a Doctor. They dream about becoming a Teacher. Can't we make their dream come true?
If it is a moral issue, I've heard the age old saying, "Your left hand should not know what your right hand gives in charity." But I am able to relate to Sadhguru's words better, "Charity is vulgar. Only when there is no love can you do charity." That man never fails to drive a nail hard.
So, is this post about sharing to the world what I did? No. NO! I want to spread the word. Because, at the end of the day, common, it is not about who gave how much. It is all about a child's education. And we owe it to them. To ourselves.
Isha Vidhya

I cannot stop dreaming...how wonderful it would be if one person who reads this donated towards at least one child's scholarship. And that person in turn made another person execute...
I just saw this chain reaction. It works. And fast at that.
So, please. Please.

3 comments:

Vinutha said...

Meera,

Y to do occasionally, that is why we have the concept of 'Skip a Meal' every wednesday. U learn the pain of kids missing their education and donate for Isha Vidya. ...

Unknown said...

Exactly Meera!
If all of us could "really" include more children as our family. Extending it to everyone!
And SO glad you have done that, our children really really need this.
I agree, we really don't feel like ticking "good thing done" in our karma book, we feel we have done what is needed. Urgent need.

Becky said...

So inspiring to read about your commitment to Isha Vidhya! :)

Post a Comment