Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A thought

What is a thought?
I looked up. Says Wiki

I was being raided left & right by thoughts during my Surya Namaskars today. I bring back my mind. Another thought! And the process goes on. After a point, I just wanted the mind to sleep or go away somewhere.
I used to love psychology all though my later childhood & early adult life. It seemed intriguing. But today, I just did not want to learn the history or geography or the psychology of my mind. I just wanted it to go away so I could do my practices.
As Sadhguru says, "You will have to become illogical, uneducated...to understand what I have to say". For once, I am able to understand the magnitude of this statement to some extent. And this comes from a man who can live without any thoughts for days together!!!
Our lives these days are dominated by the mind. Definitely not hearts, for most of us at least. The fact is we do not realize it as much. And when realization dawns, it is like, "Duh! What were you thinking?"

Earlier, I used to try hard to not think. That was supposed to conquering the mind. And then I hear a man that said, "why do you want to conquer that which does not exist?"(mentioned in a different context, but works well for me here too)
And today I read that mind is nothing but self-created. If there was no body there would be no mind. Is there an answer in that? I don't know just yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment