Thursday, May 27, 2010

My stupidity exposed

Ok! Here's how stupid I got last night.
G was working late last night. He came home after I went to put S to sleep.
I heard some sound outside & conveniently assumed that G had returned.
As usual it turned out that me slept with S. About 2 hrs later I heard some noise, like someone bouncing a ball. Wondering why G would bounce a ball at 11pm, I was wondering if I should get up. Just then G entered the room & whispered, "I came in after 2 hours". Half asleep, I was like, "whaaaat??"
Then when I asked him, he replied, "The door was locked from inside. I tried to open since 9pm & came in by 11pm. So went to eat at Tim Hortons. It was yuck! Filled up gas & came home. Planned to sleep in the car but was concerned that you may get worried not seeing me when you wake up".
And he said this with no anger or frustration.
This taught me a lesson or what...

I felt so bad. How more stupid could I get? Could I have not checked the door before I went to sleep? Would I have taken the situation in the same way that he took it. How much frustrated he should have been!

This though disturbed me for a while at night. In the morning, I asked him, "How did you not react? How did you not want to shout at me?". He replied calmly, "I thought about it & realized that you did not do it intentionally".
I found a paper near the door, "Don't get worried, I am sleeping in the car or will probably go to office". I could only imagine what all would've happened in those 2 hours.
I concluded that I had lost all privileges of getting angry on anything at all!
A very humbling lesson from G. And I am grateful for what I have in my plate as a family.

4 comments:

JM said...

Nice lay out and nice post :)

Unknown said...

Hats off to G!! Humbling for me too. Am so ready to fly off the handle.

Anu Karthik said...

like the new template meera..and i bow to ganesh's patience and his clarity of thought. A question I will surely ask myself next time, was the act on the other person's part intentional?

Shyamala said...

this is just so inspiring .. wow dont know how somebody could actually react so calmly at that time in night ...

Post a Comment